Note: Only users with account owner permissions can access the account settings.
From Account Settings, you can manage and customize the settings that will apply at the account level.
On this page, we will go through all the different available options in the account settings section.
To access the account settings, click on the ‘Settings’ gear from the main navigation:
Page Table of Contents:
Actions available from the General Tab:
- Set account details.
- See all active and expired projects in the account.
- See the Account's Owners' Information.
- MFA enforcement - available only for Corporate License / Legacy Ultimate license.
- View the account's license type and tier.
- Global API tokens management.
- For Legacy licenses prior to March 2023 - Change payment information and see payment details.
Project Management Tab
Create a new project
In order to save time, when creating a new project, you can choose whether to clone (copy) the structure of an existing project you have. Or, to create a project based on a relevant template.
If you choose to clone from an existing project, you will have the option to choose from which project you would like to clone and what configuration settings of this project you want in your new project.
You can independently choose to copy your fields (custom and system), your user groups and workflow, and/or your users and their groups’ assignments.
When selecting the “choose from template” option, you will have the option to choose the method according to which you want your project structure to be. Your options will be:
- Traditional - supports waterfall and similar with ready-made fields, filters, and dashboard items to support cycles, features, sub-features, Test Level,and Build.
- Agile - Supports Agile DevOps and Agile like with ready-made fields, filters, and dashboard items to support Release, Sprint, Build, Feature, Sub-feature, and Test level
- Traditional + Automation - supports waterfall and similar with ready-made fields, filters, and dashboard items to support cycles, features, sub-features, Test Level, Build, and different execution types (manual and automated).
- Agile + Automation - Supports Agile DevOps and Agile like with ready-made fields, filters, and dashboard items to support Release, Sprint, Build, Feature, Sub-feature, Test level, and different execution types (manual and automated).
- Start from scratch - No predefined custom fields, filters, or dashboard items. Creates a clean empty new project.
For full information about each template, please click on it or click the “What are the differences?” link at the bottom and compare all options.
Once you press “Create my new project” the new project will be created with the elements of the template you chose and will appear in the project drop-down list at the top left side of your screen next to the “search” tab.
Note: Although PractiTest does not limit the number of projects you can have in your account, in the beginning, your account will be limited to 4 active projects. The reason for this is to make sure that you are using projects correctly and not creating unnecessary overhead for your users. To lift this limitation simply contact our support team and they will explain to you how to add additional projects.
Under the same tab you can:
- See all existing projects and included users.
- Enable / Disable / Delete whole projects.
Edit a specific project: Click the edit (pencil) next to the relevant project. Here you can:
- Rename projects.
- Enable issue deletion:
We do not recommend issue deletion, and suggest changing an irrelevant issue’s status to “closed”.
Manage Users Tab
Users by projects:
This tab allows you to see which projects a user resides in. Available options:
- Reset password for your account users
- Review the license type of each user
Batch add to projects:
- Choose users from the list and add them to all relevant projects groups.
- Search for specific users and add them to all projects at once.
- Add new users by email to projects.
Delete from all projects:
From the Manage Users tab, select a specific user and remove him from all projects
Account owners and Personal API tokens
Changing or adding an additional account owner
PractiTest account owners can easily transfer their role to another user or add an additional owner to the account.
To change/add the account owner:
- As an account owner go to Account Settings > Manage Users > Account Owners* > Make an Account Owner.
- In case an account owner has left the company without transferring his role to another user, a PractiTest user that still works in the company should log in using the credentials of the account owner (use the ‘Forgot my password’ option if needed), then go to the Account Settings and perform actions stated at step 1 before removing past owner.
*Once you are in the ‘Account Owners’ tab, you will see a list of users where you will be able to make an additional user as an account owner.
Personal API Tokens enablement
An account owner can enable and disable a personal API token for his users.
By clicking the “Change” button next to the user you want to enable or disable, you will get to a pop-up screen where you can choose to disable or enable the PAT (Personal API Token).
Once enabled, the user could find his PAT under his personal user settings.
Account Dashboard Tab
In the Account Dashboard tab, you can customize your team's landing page. You can add important notes and choose important dashboard items that you want to present there.
The integration tab includes all integrations that are available for the account level: Jira Cloud, Jira Server, Pivotal Tracker, Youtrack, etc.
Find more information about PractiTest integrations here.
In the xBot tab, the account owner can see the active and non-active agents, enable or disable them, get running parameters, edit client ID, and more.
Learn more about it here.