Note: Only users with account owner permissions can access the account settings.
Account settings is where you can manage and customize the settings that will apply on the account level.
In this page, we will go through all the different available options of the account settings section.
To access the account settings, click on ‘Settings’ from the main navigation, then click on ‘Account Settings’.
Actions available from the General Tab:
- Set account details
- View and modify the account's license type
- See all active and expired projects in the account
- Change payment information and see payment details
- See Account's User Information
- Global API tokens management (for Enterprise and Unlimited)
Project Management Tab
Create a new project
In order to save time, when creating a new project, you can choose whether to clone (copy) the structure of an existing project you have. Or, to create a project based on a relevant template.
If you choose to clone from an existing project, you will have the option to choose from which project you would like to clone and what configuration settings of this project you want in your new project.
You can independently choose to copy your fields (custom and system), your user groups and workflow, and/or your users and their groups’ assignments.
When selecting the “choose from template” option, you will have the option to choose the method according to which you want your project structure to be. Your options will be:
- Traditional - supports waterfall and similar with ready-made fields, filters and dashboard items to support cycles, features, sub-features, Test Level and Build.
- Agile - Supports Agile DevOps and Agile like with ready-made fields, filter and dashboard items to support Release, Sprint, Build, Feature, Sub-feature and Test level
- Traditional + Automation - supports waterfall and similar with ready-made fields, filters and dashboard items to support cycles, features, sub-features, Test Level, Build and different execution types (manual and automated).
- Agile + Automation - Supports Agile DevOps and Agile like with ready-made fields, filter, and dashboard items to support Release, Sprint, Build, Feature, Sub-feature, Test level and different execution types (manual and automated).
- Start from scratch - No predefined custom fields, filters or dashboard items. Creates a clean empty new project.
For full information about each template, please click on it or click the “What are the differences?” link at the bottom and compare all options.
Once you press “Create my new project” the new project will be created with the elements of the template you chose and will appear in the project drop-down list at the top left side of your screen next to the “search” tab.
Note: Although PractiTest does not limit the number of projects you can have in your account, at the beginning, your account will be limited to 4 active projects. The reason for this is to make sure that you are using projects correctly and not creating unnecessary overhead to your users. To lift this limitation simply contact our support team and they will explain to you how to add additional projects.
Under the same tab you can:
- See all existing projects and included users
- Enable / Disable / Delete whole projects
Edit a specific project: Click the edit (pencil) next to the relevant project Here you can:
- Rename projects
- Enable issue deletion:
We do not recommend issue deletion, and suggest changing an irrelevant issue’s status to “closed”.
Manage Users Tab
Users by projects:
This tab allows you to see which projects a user resides in. Available options:
- Reset password for your account users
- Review license type of each user
Batch add to projects:
- Choose users from the list and add them to all relevant projects’ groups
- Search for specific users and add them to all projects at once
- Add new users by email to projects
Delete from all projects:
From the Manage Users tab, select a specific user and remove him from all projects
Account owners and Personal API tokens
Changing or adding an additional account owner
PractiTest account owners can easily transfer their role to another user or add an additional owner to the account.
To change/add the account owner:
- As account owner go to Account Settings > Manage Users > Account Owners* > Make an Account Owner.
- In case an account owner has left the company without transferring his role to another user, PractiTest user that still works in the company should login using credentials of the account owner (use the ‘Forgot my password’ option if needed), then go to the Account Settings and perform actions stated at step 1 before removing past owner.
*Once you are in the ‘Account Owners’ tab, you will see a list of users where you will be able to make additional user as account owner.
Personal API Tokens enablement
An account owner can enable and disable a personal API token from for his users.
By clicking the “Change” button next to the user you want to enable or disable, you will get to a pop-up screen where you can choose to disable or enable the PAT (Personal API Token).
Once enabled, the user could find his PAT under his personal user settings.
The integration tab includes all integrations that are available for the account level: Jira Cloud, Jira Server, Pivotal Tracker, Rally (CA Agile Central), Youtrack, etc.
Find more information about PractiTest integrations here