This new version includes most of the changes and improvements we did mainly to the Settings module. There is also a Getting Started section with explanations on how to perform some of PractiTest most common operations.
During the last couple of months we’ve seen a steady increase in the number companies working with PractiTest. Together with new users come their ideas on how to improve the system, and so we literally got flooded with great features and enhancement requests.
Don’t get me wrong we are obviously thrilled! But if some time ago we managed to collect all this info manually (by talking directly to all our clients) and prioritize it based on the number of users who wanted each feature, today this task has become almost impossible without an automated system.
Before suggesting a new feature make a quick search and if it was already requested just vote for it. You have 10 votes and you can choose to give 1-3 votes to each request / idea.
Here’s how it looks like:
One last thing…
In parallel to the features we develop based on customer feedback, we have a defined product road-map and a clear idea of where we want PractiTest to head in the future. This means that we continue developing functionality based on this road-map even if sometimes these features have not been explicitly requested by customers yet.
Having said that, we always make sure that each new release includes functionality or improvements that were requested by users and we prioritize them using the feedback you provide.
Are you a QA or Testing Consultant, Expert or Site?
We invite you to join forces with PractiTest.
We are about to launch PractiTest’s affiliates and distribution program for QA and Testing Firms, Consultants and Experts worldwide. Earn money by recommending users to work with PractiTest, the best Hosted QA Management Solution available today.
We’ll be providing additional incentives to the initial number of affiliates to join the program.
Send us your contact details to affiliates(at)practitest(dot)com, and we will keep you posted with all the information as it becomes available.
This weekend we performed an update to the PractiTest System. There was no downtime.
This version comes packed with important features you requested in the past such as:
- Customization of views in the Testing and Requirement’s modules. The same functionality you loved in Issues, is now fully available in the Tests and Requirements modules. Learn more about the custom view functionality.
- New option to export requirements data.
- Mechanism to export test steps – improving the previous export where the steps were part of the Test’s row, now the export shows each step in a separate row.
- Ability to follow individual entities and receive notifications on their changes. This feature allows you to get notifications regardless if you are not the author or the assignee of the entity.
- Permalink support for entities – now each entity has it’s own unique permanent link. This is easier for those users working with multiple projects.
- And additional smaller features and fixes.
Let us know if you have any questions or further requests (feedback forum soon to come…)!
The event was attended by over 50 Managers, Engineers, and Analysts representing around 20 of Costa Rica’s most advanced Software Development & IT departments, and it covered interesting topics such as Testing Intelligence, Testing Methodologies and Tools.
In case you missed the event or if you attended and want to take a second look at the presentation you can download it from here.
Hi All !
This weekend we performed an update of the PractiTest System. There was no downtime.
- Addition of Folders to the Test Module, allowing users to organize their tests within Folders in addition to the Hierarchical Views Structure. This was requested by many of our users. We still believe that the views (with the custom-filters) is a more scalable, and easier to maintain.
- Improvedײ²ֲ Traceabilityײ²ֲ Functionality, making it easier to link between requirements, tests, and issues. Now you can link tests from requirements, and vice versa. The same with issues and tests, issues and requirements. it’s all fully traceable.
- Improved Performance – we added additional caching mechanisms on our server side, that makes your connection much faster than ever before. We hope you’ll enjoy it !
- And additional smaller features and fixes to improve your working experience.
Joel, again, taking a central role in the Israeli’s Sigist yearly conference (last week in the Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotel), talking about Testing Methodologies.
SIGiST this year was around the general theme of “Providing Value to the Organization”, and Testing Intelligence together with the new approach of PractiTest to test management were a central subject of many of the conference’s side track conversations.
An additional session where PractiTest was mentioned was the one talking about the AQA project, training people with Aspergers Autistic Syndrome. In that important project our platform is used as the tool where their students are trained in software testing and bug reporting methodologies. But we will talk about this subject more in a future post…
PractiTest was present on CAST ’09, were we gave a presentation about Testing Intelligence and the way in which this new approach can help testing organizations improve their productivity and the perceived value of their Testing Teams.
The CAST conference took place in Colorado Springs, USA, between the 13th and 16th of July and it brought together some of today’s most influential testing figures.
The atmosphere and the approach of CAST provided an ideal platform for some very intensive sessions and off-side discussions around many Testing Topics. We were able to share some of our ideas about PractiTest and its future development and get great feedback from the conference participant’s.
- GUI Improvements
- Additional smaller features and fixes to improve your working experience.