We performed another PractiTest upgrade this weekend, and we’re happy to announce that we are starting to support Exploratory Testing sessions with the help of some cool new functionality:
- You can create an empty test and start running it without steps, meaning that you can create your Exploratory Testing Charters based on a description of what you want to achieve with your test.
- We added the ability to Add, Delete or Modify your Steps during the run of the test; so that as you progress through your Exploratory Session you can record the stuff you tested and keep the log for future reference.
- At the end, you can update the original Test with the new / updated steps, so you can reference it or reuse it in the future.
In addition to the stuff above we also added features requested by users:
- We modified and drastically enlarged our Custom Memo Fields.
- After setting the run-step status to ‘Passed’ the focus on the page ‘jumps’ directly to the following step so that you don’t need to constantly scroll down.
- We added the ability to see more than 20 lines in the Test and Issue grids, so that you can see more or all your data more comfortably:
And as always we included some minor fixes.
Let us know if you have any comments, issues or additional requests.
The PractiTest team.