This weekend we updated PractiTest with some new and useful features, many of which originated from your comments on PractiTest’s Feedback Forum.
This upgrade comes with some exciting stuff such as:
- Jira Integration with a 2-way synchronization between PractiTest and Jira. (We will post a separate article with more information on this integration as well as the configuration instructions).
- In the Custom Fields settings you have the ability to Reuse the values of existing lists on new lists. For cases where you have one list that you want to use in multiple fields (e.g. Product Versions, Customers, Products, etc).
- Option to edit system fields (like Issue Type, Priority, etc). Modify their values, add default values, and decide whether to show them or hide them as part of your project.
- A new requirement traceability report, showing the end-to-end traceability from requirements, to tests, and to issues. You can access this report from the Requirements module, under the views and reports drop-down list.
- Global search in custom fields. Now each time you search for a word or phrase the system also searches in the custom fields you added to your project.
- Display of Step Number as part of the Test Editing and Execution windows.
- Ability to import requirements into PractiTest from csv files.
- PractiTest now remembers the status of the Requirements tree, so you don’t need to collapse it each time you re-enter the Requirements module.
- And additional small fixes.
As we already said, many of the features listed above came from your inputs, and so we invite you to continue telling us what’s you need so that we can continue developing the stuff that’s important to YOU.