What Is Functional Testing? (The Intermediate Guide)
At the simplest view of software testing is the concept of “If I do something, then I should see an expected result”. Or, if I don’t know exactly what to expect, then “If I do something, then what do I see as a result?” This cause and effect nature of testing is known as functional testing. At the surface, it appears simple and easy – and it can be. However, in more complex situations, functional testing can be much more detailed and involved. In this article, we will explore some of the deeper concepts of functional testing.Article outline:
- What is Functional Testing
- The Basis of Functional Testing
- Features of Functional Testing
- Functional Testing Types
- Functional vs Non-Functional Testing
- How to Do Functional Testing?
- Functional Testing Best Practices
- How Do Functional Testing Tools Work?