What is a Test Plan?
The Complete Guide for Writing a Software Test Plan
Creating a software test plan is one of the most foundational concepts in software testing. However, with the advent of streamlined life cycle processes, such as Agile and DevOps, the idea of taking the time to create test plans and other forms of test documentation is often minimized or ignored altogether. This is unfortunate because there is much value in a test plan that can greatly benefit all projects, regardless of lifecycle.
In this article, we define the term test plan, and provide examples and strategies for writing great test plans.
- What is a Software Test Plan?
- Test Strategy VS Test Plan
- How to Write a Test Plan
- Writing the Test Plan With The Audience in Mind
- Sizing The Test Plan
- How To Create Or Find A Test Plan Template
- How to Deal With Changes to The Test Plan