Sharing tests between projects
Cloning your tests
- In the Test Library, select the checkboxes for the tests you would like to clone.
- Once selected, click on the “Clone Tests” link above the grid.
- In the page that opens, you can edit the tests’ fields by selecting the checkbox next to the field you would like to change, and then selecting the desired value. Keep in mind that this value will change for each one of your cloned tests.
- At the bottom of the page, select the “Clone tests to a different project” checkbox. This will open a drop-down menu from which you can choose where to copy these tests to.
- Click the “clone” button.
- In order to be copied correctly, your custom fields should have identical names and values in both projects. These values are also case sensitive, so you must pay attention to uppercase and lowercase letters as well.
- When requesting to add a new project, you can ask for that project to have identical fields and values. This will ensure that when you clone tests between projects, all the details will be transferred correctly.