Custom Fields allow you to customize your entities (Requirements, Tests, Test Sets, Instances, and Issues) to match your project and process.
Custom Field Types
- Text – a regular text field
- List – The most common type. See below for details.
- Linked List – See below for details
- Memo – a large text area
- Number – a field for number values
- Checkbox – a check box field
- Date – a field that accepts dates only
- User – a project user field.
- Multi List – allows you to select several values simultaneously
To create or edit a custom field, go to Settings –> Fields.
For example, if you are working with several browsers, you can add a custom list field that will allow you to choose from a list of browsers you support.
Once you add the relevant list values (in this example, Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Other), select the entities where you would like this field to be available for use. We have chosen to make this field visible in Issues, Tests and Requirements.
Below you see how this custom field is displayed inside the issue. A mandatory field will be marked by a red asterisk (*).
Linked List Field
Here we create the linked-list field for the Browser field we created earlier. Each browser type has its relevant versions.
Later, when you choose a browser from the browsers list, the “Browser Version” linked-list will show you the relevant values only.