Reports are an important part of your testing process. PractiTest’s Reports Engine module helps you create reports with the use of professionally-predefined templates and takes advantage of the filters and field’s customization you already use as part of your regular process.
The Report Engine Module offers unique options:
- Schedule reports on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- Decide which users will recieve the report by email.
- Modify report columns and graphs according to your needs.
- Re-run a report instantly with one click.
- Update report definition, rerun it and update information with old data based on time created.
Page Table of Contents
Accessing the Report Center
For each report you can see all its relevant information. For example:
– Entity (Requirement / Test / Test Set / Instance / Issue) and report type
– Report format (Excel and PDF)– Report owner (author)
– The filter used to create the report
– Created - report creation date
Under this section, you have a number of options:
- The lightning icon - to re-run the report on the latest data. When pressing this - the old report will be saved under the new one like it is shown below.
- The cloning icon - to duplicate the report
- The edit icon - to edit the report
- The trash can icon - to delete the report
After making modifications to a specific report definition, the previously ran versions of this report will have a new cycle icon next to them. By pressing this cycle icon, you can rerun the report (with the new edited definitions) based on old data (at the time they were created).
Creating & Editing Reports
After pressing “New report button, you will get this screen:
Choose the entity for the report; Issues, Tests, Test Sets, Instances or Requirements, and the type of report you want to generate (Tabular, Tabular with steps, Detailed or Tabular Aggregated).
By pressing a report you will get to a description window that explains and shows the report type you chose. For example, this is the description for Requirement traceability report:
If this is the report you intended to create - press “I want this report” You can always go back to the screen presenting all report options by pressing “Choose a different report”
When creating or editing reports, you can schedule reports to run on a Daily, Weekly or Monthly basis, and determine who should be notified when the report is ready in the “Report Settings” section.
After choosing your report, you will get to a screen where you can customise the report according to your needs. First, choose the filter you want to use on your data for this report.
In case you are creating a report for Instance entity, you will be able to select an additional filtering option allowing you to filter by Run Status.
For Tabular reports, you can decide which fields and which charts you want to include in your report.
Tabular Aggregated Report
(Available on Instances only)
The Tabular Aggregated report can be created for 2 purposes:
1. Compare your aggregated results of the same instances over different runs.
2. Analyze instances aggregated results based on different parameters.
There are 2 preconditions to get this Report:
1. You need to have the custom fields that you like to analyze in the report within your instances custom field (this is easy to do if you use the Batch Edit button). Please see image below.
1. You can create a report choosing X Field only. Thus the tabular aggregated report will automatically aggregate the test instances on the y-axis based on their parent tests from the Test Library.
2. You can choose both X Field and Y Field, hence the report will aggregate the test instances based on these two fields.
For more information on the Tabular Aggregated Reports, please visit this page.