Reports are an important part of your testing process. PractiTest’s Reports Engine module helps you create reports with the use of professionally-predefined templates and takes advantage of the filters and field’s customization you already use as part of your regular process.
The Report Engine Module offers unique options:
- The Scheduled Report option allows you to schedule your report daily, weekly or monthly.
- Modify report columns and graphs and decide which columns will suit your report best.
- Re-run a report instantly with one click.
- Re-run & update a report at time created (with old data). - Decide which users will get notified by email when the report is ready.
Page Table of Contents
Accessing the Report Center
For each report you can see all its relevant information. For example:
– Entity (Requirement / Test / Test Set / Instance / Issue) and report type
– Report format (Excel, PDF or HTML)– Report owner (author)
– The filter used to create the report
– Created - report creation date
Under this section, you have a number of options:
The lightning icon - to re-run the report on the latest data
The cloning icon - to duplicate the report
The edit icon - to edit the report
The trash can icon - to delete the report.
Creating & Editing Reports
Then, you need to choose the type of report you want to generate (Tabular, Tabular with steps, Detailed or Tabular Aggregated).
By using the ‘Modify’ button, next to the Selected Fields section, you can decide which fields you want to include in your report, while the ‘Modify’ button next to Selected Charts will allow you to choose the charts that will appear in the report.
When creating or editing a report, you can decide to schedule it on a daily, weekly or monthly basis, by checking the ‘Yes’ checkbox next to the Scheduled option and click on the wanted option. You can decide on which project users you want to notify when the report is created in the ‘Notify by email’ section.
Tabular Aggregated Report
(Available on Instances only)
The Tabular Aggregated report can be created for 2 purposes:
1. Compare your aggregated results of the same instances over different runs.
2. Analyze instances aggregated results based on different parameters.
There are 2 preconditions to get this Report:
1. You need to have the custom fields that you like to analyze in the report within your instances custom field (this is easy to do if you use the Batch Edit button). Please see image below.
1. You can create a report choosing X Field only. Thus the tabular aggregated report will automatically aggregate the test instances on the y-axis based on their parent tests from the Test Library.
2. You can choose both X Field and Y Field, hence the report will aggregate the test instances based on these two fields.
For more information on the Tabular Aggregated Reports, please visit this page.