The PractiTest-Redmine integration will be sunsetted at the end of 2022. We added the PractiTest-Redmine integration code as open source in GitHub. You can find it here._______
This document describes Redmine one-way integration.
The 2-way synchronization with Redmine is described here (and includes the standard Redmine Integration).
Integrate Redmine’s Bug Tracking with PractiTest’s QA Management System.
Configuring the Integration
Follow the instructions below to configure the integration of PractiTest with your Redmine issue tracking system.
- In PractiTest, go to Project Settings > Integrations, and activate the Issue Integration Support (click on the ‘Activate’ link).
- Once you’ve chosen the Redmine System to integrate to, enter the URL Prefix that will be used by PractiTest to connect to your Redmine instance. This URL should have access to create bugs in Redmine.
The URLs should look like: http://your_server’s_name/
- Press the “Create Issue integration” button to activate the changes.
Working with the Integration
- Run your tests normally.
When you encounter an issue enter press the Fail & Issue Icon.
- A new browser tab or window (based on the configuration of your browser) will be launched opening your Redmine New Bug page. If you configured your browser to remember your username and password it will even log directly into the screen where you report your issue.
- After reporting the issue take note of the new Redmine ID and go back to PractiTest, where you should enter this ID on the Issue ID field and press the Link to Step button. You can enter multiple issues at once by separating them using comas or spaces.
- The Redmine Issue will be linked to the test step, and pressing the issue ID will open it in a new window on your Redmine Instance.