*If your integration is already configured and you want to learn about the actual usage of the integration, please go here*
The main advantage of this integration option is that it allows you to integrate your Jira Server or Jira DataCenter without any additional installations, and without using any plugins or add-ons.
On the other hand, if you choose to use the no-plugin integration with Jira, PractiTest panels (Linked Results and Linked Tests), that are available for users who are using the integration with PractiTest's plugin, will not be available for you in your integrated Jira tickets.
Note: The two-way integration is supported only under PractiTest’s Enterprise and Unlimited licenses.
Table of Contents
- Account integration settings
- Create an Application Link in your Jira Server / Datacenter
- Create a WebHook in Jira
- Project Settings: configure your integrated JIRA projects
- How to use JIRA 2 way integration
- JIRA – Two way integration troubleshooting
Account integration settings
In PractiTest, create an integration with 'Jira Server No Plugin'.
- Go to Account Settings - Integrations
Select ‘JIRA Server No Plugin’
- Paste your Jira Base URL
Click the 'Create token and continue with JIRA Server no plugin integration'.
Note: Only in case you would like to use the basic authentication method, check 'Use Basic authentication:' and enter username and password. This option is less recommended.
The following screen will appear:
Create an Application Link in your Jira Server / Datacenter
In Jira Administration (Settings), Select Applications and then select application links.
- In the Enter the URL of the application you want to link field, enter the base URL for your PractiTest App. Your app base URL can be found in PractiTest under Account Settings - Integrations.
- Click 'Create new link'
Fill in the fields with the data below:
- Application Name box type : PractiTest
- Application Type: accept the default value of Generic Application
- Click Continue
NOTE: If you’re prompted with the following message: ‘The supplied Application URL has redirected once. Please check the redirected URL field to ensure this is a URL that you trust’, check ‘Use this URL’ checkbox , click Continue and leave the new URL as is.
Configure the Application Link in Jira
Note: You’ll need to have the Public key, Consumer key and Callback URL from the PractiTest integration settings page
- Locate the PractiTest Application Link that you created in the previous section and click the Edit (pencil) icon.
- In the Configure dialog box, click Incoming Authentication on the bottom left and paste the following in the appropriate boxes:
- Consumer key: PTOauthKey
- Consumer Name: PractiTest Application
Consumer Callback URL:
For Jira Server/Data center: [*PT_App_BASE_URL]/integrations/jira_oauth/set_oauth_verification_pl
For Jira Server/Data center No Plugin: [*PT_App_BASE_UR*]/integrations/jira_oauth/set_oauth_verification
[*PT_App_BASE_URL] = https://prod.practitest.com or https://eu1-prod.practitest.app
- Click the Save button, and then click Close
Note: In case you are not allowed to configure integrations by using application links, use the basic authentication method (less preferred) instead where username and password will be used.
Create a WebHook in Jira
Go to Jira - Administration (Settings) - System - scroll down to Webhook
Click ‘Create a WebHook’
- Paste the WebHook URL you got on the Integration Settings screen in PractiTest
- In the same window, scroll down to Events section - Issue related events. In the JQL text box, insert: project in ("your integrated projects separated by commas"). Under Issue events list, check 'updated'.
- Press 'Create'
Connect your PractiTest user to your Jira user:
Goto Project - Integrations. There, you will see a system message for linking the users. Click this message and the linkage will happen automatically.
Once done - you can set the project level integration settings.
Note: This JIRA user linkage is irrelevant when using the basic authentication method.
Configure your integrated JIRA projects:
- In PractiTest, go to Settings - Integrations - press 'Activate' on issue integration section - select the relevant Jira integration from the dropdown list.
- Add a new row for each of the Jira projects you want to integrate with this PractiTest project, select the relevant project and issue type.