*If your integration is already configured and you want to learn about the actual usage of the integration, please go here*
PractiTest’s integration with JIRA Cloud, enables a seamless workflow and better test management for the entire QA process. After a simple configuration process, PractiTest allows you to manage and present any issues or requirements created in JIRA, as well as generate issues into JIRA. The Integration is continuously and automatically updated between the two, allowing a single, uniform view covering requirements, tests, and issues. Comprehensive Test Execution reports including test runs and issues detected during the process can be easily generated.
Note: The two-way integration is supported only under PractiTest’s Enterprise and Unlimited licenses
Table of Contents
- Account integration setttings
- Project Settings: configure your integrated JIRA projects
- Field mapping configuration
- How to use JIRA 2 way integration
- JIRA – Two way integration troubleshooting
Account integration setttings
- In PractiTest, go to the Account Settings - Integrations tab - Select JIRA Cloud - Press on ‘Create token and continue with Jira Cloud integration’.
- In Jira, go to Jira Settings - Apps - Find new apps - Search for PractiTest - Download the PractiTest plugin.
- Click on ‘Manage Apps’ - Paste the API token you got on step 1 - Select the Jira projects you want to integrate with PractiTest (or leave empty to integrate all projects) - Click 'Submit'.
Configure your integrated JIRA projects:
- In PractiTest, go to Settings - Integrations - press 'Activate' on issue integration section - select the relevant Jira integration from the dropdown list.
- Add a new row for each of the Jira projects you want to integrate with this PractiTest project, select the relevant project and issue type.
Mapping your Jira fields to your PractiTest fields
- To configure the fields mapping, press on the ‘Jira project mapped fields’ tab: Choose the Jira field you want to map. You can choose Text Fields, Single select lists (text, number, users) and Number fields.
- Tick the “Add to ‘Fail & Issue’” box if you want this field to appear when reporting an issue from PractiTest to Jira.
- Choose if and where do you want to map this Jira field to - to a PractiTest dedicated field, or to the description of the PractiTest entity. Please note: If you choose to map it to a field - the list of PractiTest fields that will appear will contain only custom fields that match the type of the Jira field you chose (text-text, number-number etc.) and are also linked to either requirements or issues.
- Once you choose to map to fields, you will need to choose where to present the data in the issues field or in the requirement field. If the PractiTest field you chose is linked only to one of them, then you will have only that option to map to.
Note: Field sync needs to be configured for each PractiTest project seperately.