The integration with Eggplant Functional is available via the PractiTest Adapter for Eggplant. The adapter translates requests from PractiTest to a running instance of Eggplant Functional's XML-RPC server, Eggdrive, and returns results. This enables users to initiate and configure Eggplant test runs and visualise and analyse the results in PractiTest.
For the integration to work, you need to have Eggplant Functional running in Eggdrive mode. Follow Eggplant's instructions to launch Eggplant Functional in Drive Mode.
1. Enable the integration - In order to enable the integration, the account owner needs to visit the Integrations Settings, click on ‘View and Activate’ in the Eggplant Integration section, then click on ‘Enable Eggplant Integration!’ on the following Eggplant Integration page.
* Note: Only account owners can enable the integration.
2. Create equivalents of your Eggplant Functional tests in the Test Library, check the ‘Automation’ checkbox within these tests is selected, and type the Suite Path and Script Name.
Suite Path - this is the path of the suite where the test resides.
Script Path - this is the name of the Eggplant Functional test.
3. Group these tests into a Test Set. Put values into the two new custom fields in the Test Sets that were added automatically in your project after enabling the integration:
SUT-name - this is the name of the SUT that the test is to be run on. It must be a SUT already in the Connection List of Eggplant Functional.
machine-name - this is the name of the machine that the test is to be run on. It can be any short value (see a screenshot below):
Users can also choose to display the fields in the Test (Test Library) and Test Instances if they prefer.
4. Download the Adapter from this page and extract the zip file contents.
5. Run the binary file below in order to start running the Adapter:
usage: BINARY [-h] -e EMAIL -t ACCESSTOKEN -p PROJECTID --machine MACHINE
[--EggDrivePort EGGDRIVEPORT] [--EggDriveIP EGGDRIVEIP]
|Parameter name||Description||Required: Yes/No|
|-h, --help||To show this help message and exit||No|
|-e EMAIL||Email address of any user belongs to the
|-t ACCESSTOKEN||API token called _Eggplant that resides in
the API Tokens section within the Account
|-p PROJECTID||ID of the PractiTest project where Eggplant
is enabled. Can be found within URL going
|--machine MACHINE||Value that you put into the ‘machine-name’
custom field in Test Sets
|--EggDrivePort EGGDRIVEPORT||Port that Eggdrive is currently running on
(default is 5400)
|--EggDriveIP EGGDRIVEIP||IP that Eggdrive is currently running on
(default is 127.0.0.1)
|--debug||Adds debug logging (off by default)||No|
|--ssl||Connects to Eggdrive with SSL (off by default)||
Make sure that the Adapter is running on the same machine as Eggplant Functional in Eggdrive mode.
6. Enter the Test Sets you configured earlier and press ‘Save & Run Now’ button within the test instance you would like to run via Eggplant.
See a result example below:
7. Disable the integration - In order to disable the integration, the account owner needs to visit the Integrations Settings, click on ‘View and Disable’ in the Eggplant Integration section, then click on ‘Disable Eggplant Integration’ on the following Eggplant Integration page.
* Note: Only account owners can disable the integration.