CA Agile Central (Rally) Integration – Intro
- Fail & Issue – Reporting a Issue from PractiTest
- Synchronizing an existing Issue from Rally
The integration between Rally (CA Agile Central) and PractiTest allows users to automatically report and link defects (as issues) in Rally directly from PractiTest’s test runs. And also to automatically populate information such as the state and the description based on the information gathered from the run.
This integration also let’s you import defects from Rally as Issues in PractiTest, creating an end-to-end process that seamlessly links both systems.
Once the integration has been set up, defects from Rally that are linked (either as requirements or issues) will be updated in PractiTest once they’re are modified in Rally.
Following are important points to know and to prepare up-front before setting up this integration:
- The setup needs to be done by PractiTest’s account manager.
- You will need to get CA Agile Central’s API KEY (we will show you how), and user credentials (username and password). This CA Agile Central’s API KEY and credentials should be generated from a user that has access to all the projects you want to integrate with PractiTest. With this credentials we will be linking between the defects in Rally and the entities in PractiTest, and we will be able to populate new defects in Rally.
Note: Rally integration is supported only under PractiTest’s Enterprise license
- Start in your PractiTest Account Settings and select the Integrations tab. Then choose “CA Agile Central (Rally)” from the options menu.Then click on:
- You will be requested to paste an API Token under the Webhooks section from CA Agile Central (Rally). A link is provided that will direct you to the exact place in Rally to generate and copy this token key.
- Paste the generated token in PractiTest Account Setting – Integrations and Hit Update. Next You will be guided to select the Project(s) you wish to use this integration with.
- The final step: In your Project settings (a project you defined should use the integration) go to the “Integration” tab. Under Bug-tracker select Rally.
Choose the default project that will be shown when a user starts reporting or synchronizing Isuues. You will be able to choose any other project as well if you wish to do so later in the process.
Click Update and your done, the integration has been configured.
Fail & Issue – Reporting a Issue from PractiTest
After enabling the Rally integration you can create Issues in Rally from failed test steps using the “Fail & Issue” feature inside PractiTest’s Test Run.
- Go to Test Sets & Runs tab and select a Test Set
- Choose an instance to run
- Click “Fail & Issue” under the relevant step
- You can edit the Issue fields or leave it with default values.Once you have created an Issue, you can click on the confirmation link to view it in Rally (CA Agile Central).
After submitting you can see the Issue in Rally has been created and connected to a new PractiTest Issue.
Any changes made to the Title, Description or Status (More field options to come) in Rally, will be automatically updated in PractiTest as well.
a. Linked Issue in PractiTest –
b. After Edits were made in Rally – View of Issue in PractiTest:
Synchronizing an existing Issue from Rally
If you want to import an existing User Story from Rally as an Issue in PractiTest you can click on the down arrow next to New Issue button, and select “Sync a new Issue from Rally” option.
In the appearing Model Box paste the Story ID and click on Synchronize