Billing System General
Your monthly billing amount is calculated based on your license type and the number of users in your account. For more information on PractiTest’s license types and volume discounts please check our website –pricing section.
How it works
Payment to PractiTest can be done using any standard credit card:
- Towards the end of your 15-day free evaluation PractiTest contacts you and sends you a link to our payment system where you can enter your payment and billing information.
- From that moment on, at the beginning of each calendar month PractiTest will calculate the amount of users in your account for the previous month (post-pay) and charge your credit card.
- Once the payment goes through you will get an invoice and a receipt from the payment system.
Let’s look at the following example:
- Let’s say, a customer started his 15-day evaluation on July 10, with 2 tester licenses and 3 developer licenses.
- 2-3 weeks later this customer gets contacted by PractiTest and he receives a unique url where he can set up his credit card and billing information.
- On August 10 the 30-day evaluation finalizes, but the customer keeps on working with PractiTest normally.
- At beginning of September PractiTest calculates the payment amount.
In this case we are talking about 2 testers and 3 developers, but only for 20 out of the 31 days of the month (because his 30-day evaluation concluded on August 10). So they will be charged (2*Tester-license + 3*Developer-license) *20/31 days
- To make things more interesting, let’s assume that on Sep15th, the customer added 6 more testers.
- So, in the beginning of October PractiTest will charge : 2 testers + 6*(15/30) testers + 3 developers, meaning that he will be charged for the new testers only for the part of the month that they were actually defined in the project.
Payment details and Receipts
A receipt is automatically sent each time we charge your credit card. The receipt is sent via email to credit card owner (who filled the original form in Bluesnap, with his credit card details). If for some reason you did not get the receipt, please let us know and we can make Bluesnap sent it again.
The details for the receipt (how many users, etc.) is automatically generated before we do the charge. You can see this detail in the Account Settings:
Here is an example of a regular payment detail:
Account usage for June, 2014 (1 – 30)
Average number of testers – 9.5 – Price: $35 * 9.5 licenses = $332.5
Average number of developers – 2.0 – Price: $15 * 2.0 licenses = $30.0
* Additional VAT may be applied
If your account works based on a site license (more than 50 users), you can pay via bank transfer or check. Please contact us for the details.