- Is my data secure?
We take our customers data safety very seriously.PractiTest – servers are hosted on Amazon – EC2 infrastructure, protected by a firewall & SSL (https), providing the security, reliability and flexibility from working with the top-most professionals in the field.
Additionally, we perform back-ups multiple times a day and store the information in different and secure locations.
You can read more about our security measures by downloading our PractiTest Security Overview.
- Can I have multiple projects?
Yes, you can have as many projects as you need or want.All the entities and customizations are independent for each project, allowing you to create individual environments based on your needs.
Each one of your users can be assigned to different projects and have different permissions on each individual project.
- Can I import my existing data into PractiTest?
Sure!You can import your existing Issues, Tests, Steps and Requirements from any CSV file using our import wizard.
- What payment methods does PractiTest offer?
You can pay with PayPal or any regular credit card.In case your company doesn’t like working with these methods contact support to find an additional viable solution.
- Why do you require a corporate email address to create a Production Environment?
PractiTest – company policy is in place to ensure we have a solid contact to serve as Account Manager for all our Customer Accounts.Still, don’t let this stop you. In case you don’t have a corporate email address or for some reason cannot provide it as your account login address please contact PractiTest support and we will find a way to work around this.
- Does PractiTest install anything on my client machine?
No!PractiTest runs on your browser like any regular website. No downloads or installations are required either on the server side or on the client side.
- Does PractiTest provide support?
Yes. Every PractiTest customer has access to our support.All email messages will be answered within 24 hours, and usually a lot faster.
- Does PractiTest support non-windows operation systems?
Yes, in addition to Windows, we also run on Linux and Mac-OS.We also support most major browsers (Firefox, IE, Chrome, Safari). If you work with a browser you’d like us to support, contact us and we will do our best to help you out.
- Can I request new features from PractiTest?
Yes.We are constantly seeking new ideas on how to improve the product.
If you have any feature you’d like to see in PractiTest please post them in our Product Feedback Forum
- How often do you update your servers, and what happens to user during that time?
We update our servers constantly, sometimes for small features or fixes, other times to deploy full sets of functionality.The absolute majority of the time there is no downtime and users are not even aware a change is taking place.
From time to time there is a scheduled downtime; it is announced up front in order to give you time to prepare for it. We make such operations only during weekends, with up to 1 hour downtime (but usually only a couple of minutes).
- If I erase a user, will I loose the data he created?No. When you remove a user from your project the data he created or modified stays intact.
- How many attachments can I upload to my PractiTest project?
As many as you need!You can upload as many attachment files as you like. The size allowed will depend on the license you subscribe to, but even the most economical account allows you to upload attachments of up to 2 MB each, which is enough for the vast majority of users.
- Are projects limited to a specific numbers of Requirement, Tests, Runs or Issues?
No. You can store as much information as you like in your projects.Our objective is to help you work, and not to have you worrying of the amount of data you are producing or storing.
- Can I take my information out if I decide to leave the PractiTest Service?
Of course. You can always export all your data to a CSVfile (can be opened via excel).We believe that you are the owner of your data and we will never hold you hostage with it.
- Can I log to more than one project from the same browser at the same time?
If you want to work on more than one project simultaneously we suggest you use two different browsers such Firefox and Explorer, or Chrome and Explorer etc.The reason for this is that PractiTest uses session information regarding user – login that is based on the browser – type and not on the browser – tab.
- Does PractiTest support languages other than English?
Even thought PractiTest – GUI is provided only in English, we support all UTF-8 Languages.
A common question around this subject is about data exported to CSVthat is not displayed incorrectly.If you export your data from PractiTest to CSV and you have non-English characters, here is how you’d open it with MS-Excel (with OpenOffice, you just click on UTF-8 file):
- Open a new excel file
- Go to Data menu, point to Import External Data, and then click Import Data…
- Select the file imported from PractiTest
- Original data type: Delimited, file origin: 65001: Unicode (UTF-8), Click Next
- Delimiters: Uncheck the ‘Tab’; Check the ‘Comma’, Press Finish
- Press OK